Minimally Invasive Proctology
“Smaller cuts, lesser pain, lesser bleeding, faster healing.”
What is Piles, Fissure and Fistula?
Piles (Haemorrhoids) is an extraneous growth in the anal region, characterized by painless bleeding during or after bowel movement.
Fistulas, usually present as perianal abscesses, are small openings in the anal regions through which there is a cyclic, often painful discharge of pus.
Bangalore Piles Treatment Centre
Specialists in Hi-tech Surgery for Piles, Fissures & Fistula
The RK Group successfully conducted Bangalore’s first VAAFT (Video Assisted Anal Fistula Technique) surgery in 2011. Compared to traditional surgery, modern minimally-invasive surgery creates smaller surgical incisions using precision equipment, thus enabling patients to heal faster.
VAAFT (for Fistula )
Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment
VAAFT utilises a fine 7mm camera which navigates the fistula tract, destroys it with a low-dose electric current and seals the tract with glue. VAAFT is done as a daycare procedure and involves discharge on the same day.
MIPH ( for piles/hemmorhoids )
Minimally Invasive Treatment for Piles / Hemmorhoids
A stapler technology is used to remove and repair the piles mass with high precision and minimal cutting. MIPH is usually done as a daycare procedure ; it involves less pain and faster recovery.
Lateral Sphincterotomy (For Anal Fissures)
Conventional anal dilation is no longer done today. The procedure of choice is a Lateral Sphincterotomy, which gives immediate relief from pain and is done as a daycare procedure.
Dr. Rajeev Premnath
- MBBS, MS (Gen Surg)
- Diploma in Laparoscopy (Strasbourg, France)
- Performed the first VAAFT surgery for Anal fistula in Bangalore and Karnataka
- MIPH (Minimally Invasive Procedure for Haemorrhoids) training at Singapore General Hospital
- 3D hernia mesh surgery training at Day Hospital, Venice Mestre, Italy
- Laparoscopy training at Essen General Hospital, Germany
- Minimal Access Surgery training at IRCAD – European Institute of TeleSurgery, France
- SILS – Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery training at National University of Health, Singapore
Proctology is Daycare Surgery – Ready for Discharge in 24 hours or less*
- Same-day, insurance-friendly discharge – saves hospitalization costs
- Special surgical and anaesthetic techniques aimed at rapid recovery, faster healing
- Minimal disruption of personal life, helps you return to work/life quicker